Grievance Redressal Committee
The Vidyodaya Schools Society is committed to the safety and well-being of all
students and staff members. Keeping this commitment in focus the Internal
Complaints Committee was constituted to deal with the complaints of sexual
harassment of women at work places and students in accordance with the
guidelines laid down by the Supreme Court of India. (2013)
The objectives of the Committee are
- Prevent discrimination and sexual harassment against women, by promoting gender amity among students and employees;
- Deal with cases of discrimination and sexual harassment against women, in a time bound manner, aiming at ensuring support services to the victimized and termination of the harassment;
- Recommend appropriate punitive action against the guilty party to the Director.
The Internal Complaints Committee promotes
- Zero tolerance for child abuse and sexual harassment
- Protecting children’s rights and their best interests
- Placing the child as the first priority when dealing with suspected cases of abuse/complaints
- Empowering and educating children of their rights, personal safety and steps to take when there is problem—Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal.
- Integrating child and women’s safety and protection into all aspects of the Vidyodaya Society’s structure, work environment and practices.