The school was founded on a vision of our founder Mrs.E.S.Appaswamy in the year 1924.Her main motive was to give opportunity to girl students of all section of the society on value based education to build a better Nation. She started the Vidyodaya Girls Higher Sec School, a Government aided school. In the year 1960 she opened the nursery section with one L.K.G section and one U.K.G section. This was integrated into a singe Pre Primary School under the management of Vidyodaya schools Society with effect from the academic year 1989 – 1990 with a thoroughly revised and enriched curriculum. At present it as a feeder school for V.G.H.S and V.M.A. All the three schools are housed in campus of 13 acres of land.
Education was oriented to preparing the students for the S.S.L.C examination and the first batch took the recognized exam in 1931.Today it is run as Vidyodaya Girls’ Higher Secondary School, a Government-aided Instituition.IN 1972, Vidyodaya Academy was born, affliated to the council for Indian School Certificate,but in 1984,it chose to adopt the Tamil Nadu State Matriculation system of Education and was renamed Vidyodaya Matriculation Higher Secondary Academy.Vidyodaya Girls’ Higher Secondary School celebrated its Golden Jubilee in 1974 and its Diamond Jubilee in 1984,Platinum Jubilee in 1999,90th year in 2014 and is marching towards the centenary celebrations.
Group 1 - Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics
Group 2 - Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Computer Science
Group 3 - Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Computer Science
Group 4 - Business Maths, Economics, Commece and Accountancy
Vocational Education - Accountancy and Auditing with related Subjects.